Hi there! My name is Peta and I am a Pilates Instructor, Model, Entrepreneur, Writer, Foodie and Instagram addict. I am so passionate about living a holistic lifestyle that focuses on nourishing and I love inspiring others to do the same.
To get to the nitty gritty my main job is running a kick-ass Pilates studio in the Hunter Valley where I teach about 35 classes a week to a bunch of enthusiastic people. I am a Polestar Pilates Instructor and Mentor, member of the Pilates Alliance of Australasia and have recently completed my Fletcher Pilates Intensive Licensing course, so as you can see, I LOVE Pilates. I love Pilates so much that last year I bought out a Pilates based stretching DVD!
Another love of mine is nutrition and I am currently studying with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. I love food and the amazing healing properties a great diet can give!
1. What are your 5 organic must haves?
I consume SO much of the products mentioned below I believe these are definitely my top 5.
– Coconut products
– Personal hygiene products ie, I use is Fresca Natural Deodorant.
– Chocolate products
2. What are your top tips for living a non toxic lifestyle for people that are just starting out?
Start simple. I think it’s so easy to get overwhelmed so even just making a change from your deodorant and hair care products is a huge step because we use it daily. (I use Kevin Murphy haircare products which are vegan, sulphate and paraben free!!!) I also suggest reading and researching. It’s so much easier to make a change and stick to it if you know why you are doing it in the first place! There are so many nasty things out there that we consume on a daily basis and have no idea we are doing so!
3. Why is it important for you to live a healthy (and organic) lifestyle?
I have a large number of food intolerances, a compromised immune system and I suffer from fatigue. All due to a number of causes but most probably from being in contact with things like anti-biotics at a young age when my parents didn’t know any better. I realise I have one body that I love and I want to live for a long time. But most importantly, I want to live a healthy happy life. I believe we can do this by being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.
4. Do you have any guilty treats that you indulge in?
Chocolate! I try to make my own though but I am a sucker for chocolate, especially brownies!
5. What are your favourite natural therapies?
Definitely energy healing. Holy moly! It’s so fabulous, especially when you find a therapist and you really get a long. I can’t believe the difference I feel in myself after a session.
6. Do you have a favourite healthy meal you prepare at home?
I make a delicious kale, quinoa and sweet potato salad that I often take to work. It’s so great for entertaining too as you can add tofu, haloumi or even meat (organic of course) and I guarantee everyone will want the recipe. My friends 3 year old, LOVES this salad.
7. What are your tips on natural cleaning products?
At the moment I am using Norwex cleaning products. Basically, they’re just different cleaning clothes that have silver in the fabric so it’s antibacterial meaning that I only use water and NO chemical products at all. How great is that.
9. How do you de-stress and relax?
Doing mindless things like walking, browsing Pinterest and blogs I love and even listening to my Integrative Nutrition lectures!
10. Do you take any supplements to help you stay healthy?
I take supplements including a probiotic for gut health, a superfood powder by Loving Earth that is a powerhouse full of nutrients, magnesium and also I get Vitamin B12 injections as my body is unable to absorb any Vitamin B12.
– Sleep – Getting enough sleep is so important. If I need 12 hours I never feel guilty about giving my body rest.
– Water – Staying hydrated means beautiful plump skin. Drinking water also helps to flush out toxins and can suppress your appetite as thirst is often disguised as hunger.
– Dry body brushing – So stimulating for your skin and body. Cellulite be gone!
– Suvana Paw Paw ointment – Many conventional paw paw products contain petrolium of all things. Yuck! This is completely organic and contains vitamin e and cocoa butter which are contains properties that nourish.
– Exercise – Not only is it great for your mental state. It’s great for your body too. Time poor? Do plies in second position (turned out squat) while brushing your teeth for a great behind.
13. Do you have a favourite restaurant/cafe at the moment?
The Galleon Cafe in St Kilda Melbourne, The BEST bubble and squeak ever!!!
14. Do you have a morning ritual or routine that you follow and if so what does it involve?
I’m not a morning person at all. Total night owl so this is hard. I often wake, go to the bathroom and make a cup of tea, get dressed, do my skin care regime, I pencil in my brows, make a Vegan protein shake and duck to work! I am always so limited in the morning I only have about 30 minutes to get ready for work.
15. Do you have any tips for new Mummies getting back in shape after giving birth?
Don’t stress. Your baby is important and your body will get back to how it looked (or better!). Keep in mind that pregnancy and breast feeding is such a huge change on your body so respect that and be thankful for the gorgeous miracle you are blessed with! We are SO lucky these days to have access to amazing mum’s and bub’s classes that incorporate bub into the workout which is such a great bonding activity and perfect if you don’t have access to a babysitter.