2. What are your 5 must have baby essentials? Teething necklace, My Ergo and cloth nappies are the only baby products I ever used. Apart from that I just use breast milk for everything.
3. What are your 5 must have Mummy essentials? Coffee, chocolate, did I say coffee
4. What is your fondest memory of being pregnant? Laying in bed at night while pregnant with Ryley, Bonny would feed while spooning my bump and get woken up when he kicked her.
5. Can you give us 5 words to describe your labor? Bonny- horrific, intrusive, medicated, traumatic, controlled (26 1/2 hr labour ended in Caesarian)
Ryley- Natural, peaceful, empowering, noninvasive, loving (12hr drug free VBAC with support from my doula and induced with acupuncture)
6. What’s the funniest thing your baby has done to date? Bonny loves to make everything into a song and dance and i mean everything, and Ryley is just a little comedian, he’s always trying to make everyone laugh.
7. What’s your profession & do you plan on returning to it now that you’re a Mummy? I returned to work part time 6 months ago to make some extra money and am now store manager at Subway. The owner is flexible with me and understands if I can’t work long hours or have to bring the kids to work occasionally, which really help since I’m still Breastfeeding on demand when I’m at home.
9. What’s the thing that you least expected about motherhood? I never expected to Breastfeed a 3year old before I was pregnant.
10. What’s your favourite weekly activity that you and your baby do together? Bonny and I have our “Girly Day” as she calls it and we go out for coffee and milkshakes and she helps do the shopping. It was really important to me to still have special time with her once she stopped feeding so she wasn’t jealous of the time Ryley was still getting.
11. What does it mean to be an “eco friendly” Mummy? & How do you keep it green? With Bonny I used cloth nappies but defently don’t think I’m “Eco friendly”.
13. Do you need to stick to any kind of diet or cut any foods out due to breastfeeding and if so why? With Bonny I ate anything with Ryley I couldn’t eat any dairy products for first 12 months as he was allergic to the protine in cows milk.
14. What’s your favourite healthy meal that you serve to your family? Quinoa salad is my favourite and the kids love it too. It also helped me loose a lot of weight.
16. What’s the thing that happens that makes you think & or say “Oh no not again!”?
Bonny was a dare devil from the moment she started moving she would climb everything, then at 8months Ryley started walking and climbing even higher. He now has two broken front teeth from jumping from great heights.