This is my favorite go to meal when I don’t have too much time in the kitchen. I have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: – Serves 1
- 2 free range egg
- ¼ cup of sliced leeks
- 3 mushrooms sliced
- ¼ of a red capsicum thinly diced
- ¼ cup of thinly diced eggplant
- One tomato thinly diced
- 1 tbsp. of organic tomato paste
½ cup of organic diced tin tomato
- 3 crushed garlic (I love garlic)
- ½ tbs of coconut oil
- Continental parsley
- I tsp. of each turmeric, cumin and paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the even to 180°
- In a non-stick small fry pan melt the oil and sautéed the leeks until they are soft.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms, and eggplant and continue to sautéed until soft.
- Add the spices, cayenne pepper, garlic, tomato paste and also tined tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then let it simmer for 10 minutes. If the mixture is too thick add some boiling water. (Make sure it is not runny either).
- Season to taste and add some chopped parsley to the mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon separate the mixture to form two holes. Using a small cup crack one egg at a time and then pour into the hole.
- Let it cook over the stove for about 3 minutes then place in the oven for another 3 minutes. The eggs should be cooked but still soft.
- I like to add extra paprika on top, chopped parsley and spinach leaves. Depending if you are having it for breakfast, lunch or dinner serve with crusty bread.
Connect With Rachel: